Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Father and Mother

After reading back my posts, I decided to write something about my parents. My parents both are orphans, my dad grew up in a poor family, my mom is much more fortunate, she grew up in a rather wealthy family. Since young, my dad always need to help out my grandma, to sell candies, he hardly have any time to study, but somehow he still managed to do learn quite alot of things ( my dad's awesome!). Though he quit school at an early age, I'm not sure when, he came out and started working. Because of his determination, he managed to learn alot of skills from books, like mechanics, electrical works, water works, carpentry, metal works and etc. I also respect my dad, he is really awesome, even though I'm in university now, I still thinks that my dad is better than me, his knowledge compared to what I learnt since primary until now, I'm still just not enough. Though he is not highly educated( my grandma was uneducated and poor), he still able to learn so many things, and able to feed us and give us a heart-warming family. I love my dad, he is totally awesome, I respect every single decision he made, and most of all, he is the father that I give my highest respect to.

My mom, she finished her secondary education, she was offered a place in Taiwan University, but due to some odd reasons, she had no choice but to turn it down. She is a loving mother, a strict teacher, and an awesome cook. I miss her cooking. When I was young, I didn't understand why she's being so strict to me, always forcing me to do lots of homework, go to lots of tuition. When I was 15, secondary 3 I think, I was going to take an important exam, PMR, at first I didn't care about the exam, I upset my parents, they got really disappointed in me, but I still don't really care about it. But then, one day, I was gaming, then I started to think of my parents, like how hard they work just to give me proper education, and thinking of how much effort they put into it, and my carefree attitude about it, I started crying. From then on, I made a promise to myself, I will study very hard, not to impress anyone, but so that I can change my parents' life. So that they can have an easy life when they retired.

Now, I'm here, doing my 4 years degree, and thinking back my goal, I need to thank my parents, because of them, I made it this far, I finally can fulfill my promise to myself with another 4 years. Without God's grace, I can't made it here, His guidance lights the path that I'm taking, leading me to His destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment