Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 24, 2011

NAPFA and Blood Donation

I had Napfa test on last Thursday, was very nervous and excited. I managed to complete the 5 stations, pull-up, sit-up, standing board jump, shuttle run, sit-and-reach, and managed to get 23 points for gold. But the last station, which I hated the most, 2.4km running. I'm not a regular runner, and I didn't train much for it. So I probably won't be able to finish within 11mins, which is grade C to achieve gold. But anyway, my aim is to get Napfa jacket, which looks nice to me, and I finished 2.4 km within 12mins, grade D which the overall grade is silver. I actually didn't train much for Napfa, especially standing board jump and 2.4km running, but I know that there's certain someone will help me through.

I was thrown with alot of thoughts during my 2.4km running, and I had a cramp during the last lap. There are thoughts that asked me to give up, but there are thoughts that encouraged me to press on and move forward. The thoughts the devil gave me are filled with fear, but when the thoughts of God came into my mind, they're peaceful, and He asked me to endure, just a little longer, then I will get my reward. So, instead of stopping down, I sprinted and crossed the finishing line. After that, I fall on the ground, and gasping for air, but I know that I had achieved my goal, even though I never get a gold and get silver instead, but that doesn't matter, because all I want is just that jacket.

After Napfa, I went to donate blood, which I promised myself that I will do it after Napfa. I had this newbie nurse to do for me, I noticed that she was very nervous, because her was hand shivering when she was holding the needle. But I tried to calm her down, and keep smiling. She inserted the needle into my arm, and I guessed she missed the vein, and pierced my muscle. It was painful at first, but after that it felt like my arm was burning. She was panic, and luckily the head nurse was there, she adjusted the needle and hit the vein, then my blood started to flow out into the bag.

Well, of course that was very painful, even now I still can feel the stinging pain when I pressed my bicep. But the most important thing is, she learnt something from it. Nobody is perfect, everyone starts from scratch, so there is no point to blame her for poor techniques or anything. I just hope that she is able to improve after that :D

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment