Karate is not about strength and training, its all rounded. Remember that.
Monday, June 7, 2010
3rd SMA Karate Championship 2010
Alot of things flash through my mind when I first heard about SMA Championship, like am I up to the challenge? Am I well trained enough? Do I got enough guts to face my opponent? Well,everything was answered when I took part in the tournament, and finish it with all I got. Its a tough fight no doubt about it. Never in my life I feel so threatened, feel so pressured when I was facing my opponent. He's from Nepal, slightly taller than me, darker skin, bold head, doesn't look like any fighters I ever met. He is fierce, fast, aggressive. I was kinda scared, but after received some punches and kicks, I knew that I can do this. His kicks are strong, but I managed to block it with my knee and counter back. After a few rounds, we got into a draw, its troublesome, because if I don't get a point soon, its gonna be the judges vote, and I don't like it. So, I try some punches and kicks, but didn't get him(well he's a blackbelt anyway, found out after the match), so the match dragged further on, until both of us were dead tired. After 3 minutes, we were still in a draw, so we're going to fight another 1 minute, if we still draw, then the judges decide. And so, I wished it didn't, but it was the time for the judges to decide, and I lose, because he's more experienced and aggressive than me, well I agreed with that too. But I never feel embarrassed or discouraged, because I learned something from it.That is winning is not just about training hard and proper technique, also about your heart, guts. Although I didn't win anything, but I'm proud of myself because I faced a worthy opponent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment